Monday, October 5, 2009

LG GD910 Watch Phone


I’m sure that James Bond and LG would be best friends if he could see what LG is cranking out now. The new LG GD910 Watchphone, is a touch screen watch, that allows you to make calls, text message, listen to music, send pictures, and tell time! When I saw this I was amazed. The tech world has been waiting for something like this to come out. We are seeing more and more of these “sci-fi” gadgets coming out recently. The GD910 is a touch screen phone that is Bluetooth enabled. It has a small camera on the top right hand corner that will allow you to take pictures and also will allow you to video chat with other people who own the watch. Also has a voice recognition system, which allows you to control most of the phones main functions like dialing, and reading messages easier. Texting will be done the same way as you do on a T9 keypad. The screen is 1.43 inches diagonally, which made me skeptical about dialing the phone, but then I saw a video of the phone being used and it seems to be very responsive, and easy to use. The phone is going to be available late this year, only in Europe. There are no plans for LG to release the phone in the US, just yet.

I am really excited to see how this watch is going to perform in everyday use. Even though I am not a “watch wearing” kind of person, its still going to be very interesting to see how this is going to set the standards for new mobile products. I was very surprised when I found out that LG was going to be the manufacturer for the phone. I was expecting someone like Apple, or maybe Samsung to be the ones to come out with the idea. I knew that something like this was eventually going to happen, I just didn’t know when. And I am very surprised that it came this early. Now we will probably be seeing some on screen advertisement with James Bond and LG.

No comments:

Post a Comment

AirCards and Mobile HotSpot Rentals